The Order of the Arrow is streamlining our structure while preserving national youth leadership opportunities! The National OA Committee has voted to approve a final prototype from the Project Magellan task force that will maintain current section boundaries while transitioning to two regions:
- Recent changes within the BSA deemed the OA’s four-region structure financially and operationally unsustainable.
- The two-region structure provides continued opportunities for many young people to lead at the national level while streamlining the OA’s structure to focus on the local level—the bedrock of our organization.
- The National Service Territories (NST) were designed as a collaborative network to support councils as they deliver Scouting in their geographic areas.
- Every lodge was invited to provide feedback on this structure before it was finalized and indicated widespread support.
After garnering nearly 300 ideas from Arrowmen nationwide, Gateway and Eastern will be the names of our new regions! Learn more online at: https://oa-bsa.org/magellan
For all of our Sections, this means a new Name — Section C-1A will now be Section G11!
What will change
- Going forward, all our materials will refer to us as Section G11
- We will redesign our existing Section Logo to reflect the new name
- Eventually, we will transition from this website to a new G11 platform (timing TBD)
What doesn’t change
- The Lodges in our Section
- The leadership for our Section
- Great events that are fun for all Arrowmen