Have you been really involved in the Order and your Lodge? Are you looking for a different experience that can keep you involved, yet offer new challenges? If so, then you should consider becoming a Section C-1A Officer.
Chief: Presides over meetings of the Council of Chiefs. He or She provides leadership and motivation at all functions and represents the Section at Area, Regional, and National functions to which she or he is invited. Partners with Lodge Chiefs to coach and build relationships among the Chiefs.
Vice Chief: Fills in for the Chief as needed, ensures the Section Conclave is promoted in each of the Lodges, and chairs the Lodge Assistance Program. Supports the Lodges through attendance at Winter Fellowships, Lodge Leadership Development, or other programs as needed.
Secretary: Takes minutes for all meetings and keeps up-to-date roster of the Council of Chiefs. Supports the Lodges through attendance at Winter Fellowships, Lodge Leadership Development, or other programs as needed.
Officer Candidate Requirements – in order to run for Section Officer, candidate must:
- Be under the age of 21 for the entire term of office (Sept 8, 2019 – Oct 4, 2020)
- Be a registered member of the BSA in good standing in a Lodge and Council within the Section boundaries.
- Obtain in advance a written letter of approval from your Scout Executive. All interested candidates must turn this letter (or email) in to the Section Adviser, Nick Pedersen, by noon Saturday, Sept 7
- Section Officers must attend four meetings each year. Necessary transportation and housing will be provided. The meetings are:
- Section Officer Training Seminar (November 14-17th, 2019, departing early am on Thursday returning late pm on Sunday)
- Winter Council of Chiefs Meeting (January 31st – February 1st, 2020)
- Spring Council of Chiefs Meeting (April TBD, 2020)
- 2019 Section C-1A Conclave (October 2-4, 2020)
Candidates for any of the Section Officer positions must commit to attend all of these meetings if they are elected. In addition, the Chief needs to represent the Section at the National Planning Meeting held December 27-30, 2019.